Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Covid Super - Freelance and Full Time Job

Views 684

Replies 1

I have a full time job, but I also do a lot of freelance. Since Covid, my freelance has all dried up, but I'm still working full time. Overall, my income has dropped.

Am I considered a sole trader? Do I fall under the "Sole Trader only – On or after 1 January 2020 you had a reduction in turnover (by at least 20%)" catergory? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SamuelSplitAu,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your working hours on or after 1 January 2020 need to have been reduced by 20% or more of your average hours over the six months prior to your hours being reduced. If you’re a sole trader, your business would need to have been suspended or seen a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more.

You can view the COVID-19 early release of super information on our website.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @SamuelSplitAu,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your working hours on or after 1 January 2020 need to have been reduced by 20% or more of your average hours over the six months prior to your hours being reduced. If you’re a sole trader, your business would need to have been suspended or seen a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more.

You can view the COVID-19 early release of super information on our website.

I hope this helps.