ATO Community

Re: Covid wage subsidy employee number claim if employee resigns mid month.

Views 618

Replies 2

If an employee resigns at the end of FN08 (mid July) FN08 and FN09 make up July's full claim. How many employees does that person represent for for the July wage claim?  Assumming I pay them for 1 fortnight - Can I claim them as half an employee for July? i.e Can I enter the value x.5 in the number of eligible employees on the ATO monthly declaration for jobkeeper payment page?  Or do I need to pay them for the entire month (extra 2 weeks) to be elligible to make the claim on thier behalf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Oscar_C,

In answer to your questions, no you can’t enter the value 0.5 in the number of eligible employees on the ATO monthly declaration, and no, you don’t need to pay them for the entire month to make the claim on their behalf.

Employers can submit their monthly declarations either via Single Touch Payroll (STP) or a non STP process, and there are guides for both methods that include instructions on what to do when an employee leaves halfway through a month. As I don’t know what system you are using, I have included links to both of them for you.

• For an employer using STP, you would record the first full JobKeeper fortnight they became ineligible, using the 'JobKeeper Finish Fortnight' field description. You will find full instructions on how to do this here on the JobKeeper via STP - Stopping employees no longer eligible webpage.

• For an employer not using STP, it is a bit different.  You would record this by using the ‘JobKeeper codes’ to show their changed eligibility. Where you will record this will depend on how you identified your eligible employees in the first place.  This means you will need to make the changes either directly into the Business Portal using myGovID or in an updated JobKeeper report before you make your business monthly declaration.  Again, you will find full instructions on how to do this here on the Employers not reporting through STP - updating details for eligible employees webpage.

Hope this information helps.

AlBar

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Oscar_C,

In answer to your questions, no you can’t enter the value 0.5 in the number of eligible employees on the ATO monthly declaration, and no, you don’t need to pay them for the entire month to make the claim on their behalf.

Employers can submit their monthly declarations either via Single Touch Payroll (STP) or a non STP process, and there are guides for both methods that include instructions on what to do when an employee leaves halfway through a month. As I don’t know what system you are using, I have included links to both of them for you.

• For an employer using STP, you would record the first full JobKeeper fortnight they became ineligible, using the 'JobKeeper Finish Fortnight' field description. You will find full instructions on how to do this here on the JobKeeper via STP - Stopping employees no longer eligible webpage.

• For an employer not using STP, it is a bit different.  You would record this by using the ‘JobKeeper codes’ to show their changed eligibility. Where you will record this will depend on how you identified your eligible employees in the first place.  This means you will need to make the changes either directly into the Business Portal using myGovID or in an updated JobKeeper report before you make your business monthly declaration.  Again, you will find full instructions on how to do this here on the Employers not reporting through STP - updating details for eligible employees webpage.

Hope this information helps.

AlBar

Replies 0

Yes it does AlBar, many thanks.