Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Covid19 Super Access

Views 661

Replies 1

Hi guys,
I’ve been speaking to my accountant and I need to avail of the early access of my Super due to me being out of work from Covid19.
I am trying to access mygov account online but o cannot receive the mobile access code as I am currently living overseas.
I have tried to call the ATO helpdesk but I am on hold for over 1 hour and can’t seem to get help.
Please can someone advise as I need to drawdown my super quickly - I am out of work and in Ireland full lockdown is on the way so access to funds is vital.
Thanks
Deirdre
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Deirdrehunt,

Thanks for your patience we are trying to assist a lot of people during a very stressful time.

The ability to withdraw money from your superannuation for those eligible  will be available in mid April.

You will need to contact the myGov helpdesk, so they can create a new account . As you have a couple of weeks before this option is available - try leaving it for a few days to contact them. The help-desk is open for extended hours to allow you time to contact them.

All the best

KylieS

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Deirdrehunt,

Thanks for your patience we are trying to assist a lot of people during a very stressful time.

The ability to withdraw money from your superannuation for those eligible  will be available in mid April.

You will need to contact the myGov helpdesk, so they can create a new account . As you have a couple of weeks before this option is available - try leaving it for a few days to contact them. The help-desk is open for extended hours to allow you time to contact them.

All the best

KylieS