Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Definition of employer relationship

Views 662

Replies 1

I am an employer with 2 businesses, each with their own ABN’s and intend to claim job keeper for both.
1 employee works part time at both locations. The wages for this employee are paid separately and individually are less than $1500 per fortnight but combined exceed $1500 per fortnight . I intend to claim on 1 primary location with this employee. Do I have to top up the primary location wage to meet the $1500 requirement or would the combination of both wages for this employee be a consideration seeing as the employee has a relationship with the same employer with 2 ABN’s? In this circumstance, what is the definition of employer relationship?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Fiona08 

Based on what you’ve mentioned and the current information and criteria for JobKeeper, since they are two separate ABNs and businesses and you are only claiming on one for this employee you will need to top up the primary location wage to meet the $1500 requirement. You can’t take the second wage into account.

There is further information on our website which you might find helpful.

Thanks,

TYay

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Fiona08 

Based on what you’ve mentioned and the current information and criteria for JobKeeper, since they are two separate ABNs and businesses and you are only claiming on one for this employee you will need to top up the primary location wage to meet the $1500 requirement. You can’t take the second wage into account.

There is further information on our website which you might find helpful.

Thanks,

TYay