Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Do we pay job keeper to an employee who has left half way through a job keeper fortnight

Views 858

Replies 4

Do we pay job keeper to an employee who has left half way through a job keeper fortnight

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Yes, you still have to pay the 1500 for that fortnight

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Yes, you still have to pay the 1500 for that fortnight

Devotee

Replies 2

Hi @GAM 

If your employee works during a jobkeeper fortnight, even for an hour, they need to be paid $1,500 to cover the full fortnight. As you should also be processing unused leave this is also included in the fortnights pay. So if salary is $700 for example and they have $1,000 in unused leave, there is no top up due as total received is above $1,500 threshold for the fortnight.

If pay plus unused leave and other termination payments is less than $1,500 then you have to make the top up payment.

Hope this helps.

Stay healthy

Initiate

Replies 1

Does this include if the business owners decide to close the shop for a week but it crosses over to two pay weeks? My employers seem unsure if the Monday-Friday week we're closed (early-mid September) I'm still meant to be paid the $1500, but our pay weeks start on Thursday so one week I'll have a Thursday-Friday shift to start one pay week, the Monday to Wednesday off of that same week to have the Thursday-Friday off of the next week but to start again Monday-Wednesday, so as I'll be working those days you're saying I'll still be entitled to the full fortnight pay?

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Tulip96 

I think this Link should assist:

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Employees/How-much-you-will-get-from-your-employer/

From reading 3rd paragraph down (Copied below) you should still get the $1,500 per fortnight upto to 27 September providing that both you and your employer meet all eligible criteria.

If you are stood down or have reduced hours

If you normally earn more than $1,500 but are stood down or working reduced hours, such that your ordinary income is nil (that is, stood down) or less than $1,500 (that is, reduced hours) per fortnight before tax, then your employer must pay you at least $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight in order to receive the JobKeeper payment.

Stay healthy