Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Re: Does anyone know if the ATO will extend the December Jobkeeper declaration date from 14 January?

Views 200

Replies 7

Does anyone know if the ATO will extend the December Jobkeeper declaration date from 14 January 2021?  Need to manage Christmas/New Year leave requests!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

@amoore. I don't want to be a kill-joy, but for the sake of ensuring the business receives vital Government support, surely someone can do the hour or two's work from home over that early-January period? If the owner has to pay two hours of pay (or give them two hours off in lieu) to ensure they receive JobKeeper, I don't think that's too much to ask.

7 REPLIES 7

Devotee

Replies 0

Unlikely.

Devotee

Replies 5

No - leave requests should not impact on Jobkeeper declaration as the Jobkeeper amount is fixed

Replies 4

Thanks however my question is directed to an extension to the lodgement date because of people going on holidays; the accounts are updated after the 14th as people will be on holiday...

Devotee

Replies 3

The declaration in January will be for payments made in December 

Replies 2

If the finance team go on holiday on Christmas Eve, and go back to work on 15 January, how do they report December figures by 14 January?

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

@amoore. I don't want to be a kill-joy, but for the sake of ensuring the business receives vital Government support, surely someone can do the hour or two's work from home over that early-January period? If the owner has to pay two hours of pay (or give them two hours off in lieu) to ensure they receive JobKeeper, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Devotee

Replies 0

If the business wants the subsidy they can make an arrangement for someone to come in and do the accounts. If the books are up to date when business closes for Christmas, it will be a pretty small job to finalise the one week of transactions up to 31 December. If the business refuses or fails to do this, it will fail to meet the deadline and will (rightly) not be entitled to the JK subsidy. Every business that wants the subsidy has to meet the deadline and will have to make arrangements to do so even if it is not particularly convenient or if it disrupts one day of their usual shut down period. The declaration deadline is one of the very few obligations a business has to receive this subsidy. It really is not difficult to make happen. Either change someone's leave or forfeit JK subsidy for that month.