Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Ealry access of super due to Covid 19

I'm new

Views 151

Replies 1

HI,

I know that the application for early access to super due to Covid-19 has been closed in December 2020. However, my employment has been affected due to running low business of my employer company. My employment is going to finish in Mar 2021. In this circumstance can I apply for early release of super fund now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @faruk079

Sorry to hear about your situation.

As our website advises: the COVID-19 early release of super program closed on 31 December 2020. You can no longer apply for early access to some of your superannuation under COVID-19 provisions.

You may be able to apply if you're experiencing severe financial hardship. If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined on our website, you can apply for an early release this way.

You may be able to apply under compassionate grounds. This would be appropriate for you if you need the funds to pay for medical, disability modifications, or funerary expenses.

If you are not eligible under these grounds, you should speak to Services Australia to look at their payments.

You can read about access due to severe financial hardship and early access on compassionate grounds on our website.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @faruk079

Sorry to hear about your situation.

As our website advises: the COVID-19 early release of super program closed on 31 December 2020. You can no longer apply for early access to some of your superannuation under COVID-19 provisions.

You may be able to apply if you're experiencing severe financial hardship. If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined on our website, you can apply for an early release this way.

You may be able to apply under compassionate grounds. This would be appropriate for you if you need the funds to pay for medical, disability modifications, or funerary expenses.

If you are not eligible under these grounds, you should speak to Services Australia to look at their payments.

You can read about access due to severe financial hardship and early access on compassionate grounds on our website.