Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Early Access of Super

I'm new

Views 666

Replies 1

I am on a full-time Carers pension and was wondering if I'm entitled early access of my super? And how do I go about getting it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MattHunter

Please check Early access to your Super for Individual eligibility. If you meet the listed requirements you can apply.

It also advises - Individuals financially affected by COVID-19 can access some of their superannuation early. Individuals will not need to pay tax on amounts released and will not need to include it in their tax return. 

The application is available through ATO online services in myGov. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

JodieR.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MattHunter

Please check Early access to your Super for Individual eligibility. If you meet the listed requirements you can apply.

It also advises - Individuals financially affected by COVID-19 can access some of their superannuation early. Individuals will not need to pay tax on amounts released and will not need to include it in their tax return. 

The application is available through ATO online services in myGov. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

JodieR.