Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Early Release of Super Visa Subclass 462

Views 682

Replies 1

Hello, 

I've been living for the last 2 years in Australia on a Working Holiday 462. I have a third year granted. At the moment I'm outside of Australia, not being able to come back and running out of money. Can I apply for the early release of the supperannuation? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @florvignaroli 

Thanks for contacting us regarding eligibility for early release of super.

To apply for early release as a temporary resident, you must satisfy one or more of the following requirements:

• You hold a student visa which you have held for 12 months or more and you are unable to meet immediate living expenses.
  • You're a temporary skilled work visa holder, your working hours have reduced to zero and you remain engaged with your employer.
  • You're a temporary resident visa holder (excluding student or skilled worker visas) and you can't meet immediate living expenses.

Thanks,

AngelaG

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @florvignaroli 

Thanks for contacting us regarding eligibility for early release of super.

To apply for early release as a temporary resident, you must satisfy one or more of the following requirements:

• You hold a student visa which you have held for 12 months or more and you are unable to meet immediate living expenses.
  • You're a temporary skilled work visa holder, your working hours have reduced to zero and you remain engaged with your employer.
  • You're a temporary resident visa holder (excluding student or skilled worker visas) and you can't meet immediate living expenses.

Thanks,

AngelaG