Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Early Super claim

I'm new

Views 473

Replies 1

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to view my question.

I am employed lucky for now full time but i will not be receiving commission or bonuses now due to Covid 19. I heavily rely on this income to  make up my remaining salary.

I have a large mortgage. car payment and personal loan payment for my wife and myself. We have 2 children and my wife worked part time for 2 employers. She recently was let go from one employer and is now working very reduced hours with the one employer but way les than 20 hours. I am finding it really difficult to make my monthly repayments and household expenses such as power, rates notice, strata fee and mortgage and car payments. (I am now living on credit)

I also support my parents. My dad who was a taxi driver is unable to work and they are also finding it difficult and trying to support them. I am  finding it difficult each month to support my family.

I have $179k in my super and can i make a claim to assist with my situation.

I am also concerned with my employment position going past Sept as i am on job keeper.

Can i withdraw from super which will help me get by for at least a few months? Financial stress is starting to get to my family. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @wchandiran,

Welcome to the community!

You need to meet one of the eligibility criteria to be able to apply for early release of your super. Our website has information on eligibility and how to apply.

Hope this helps.

Regards

RochL

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @wchandiran,

Welcome to the community!

You need to meet one of the eligibility criteria to be able to apply for early release of your super. Our website has information on eligibility and how to apply.

Hope this helps.

Regards

RochL