Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Early access to super - eligibility clarification

Views 731

Replies 1

Hi,

I have a question on eligibility for early access to super where "your working hours were reduced by 20% or more". Does this relate to working hours with one employer or a person's total working hours?

For example, if a person has multiple employers, and overall working hours haven't reduced by 20% or more, but working hours with a single employer have been reduced by 20% or more - would this meet eligibility requirements?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ficus 

Great question.

The fact-sheet from the Department of Treasury doesn't specify that at this point.  The finer details are still being ironed out, but hopefully more information will be available by 20 April when you are able to apply through myGov. Personally I would imagine it refers to total working hours, but I could be wrong. We are constantly updating these fact-sheets and information pages on the official Government webpages, so keep checking back in the meantime. 

Stay safe and have a good weekend!

Josh

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ficus 

Great question.

The fact-sheet from the Department of Treasury doesn't specify that at this point.  The finer details are still being ironed out, but hopefully more information will be available by 20 April when you are able to apply through myGov. Personally I would imagine it refers to total working hours, but I could be wrong. We are constantly updating these fact-sheets and information pages on the official Government webpages, so keep checking back in the meantime. 

Stay safe and have a good weekend!

Josh