Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: Early release of super and Notice of intent email received today

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 182

Replies 1

Hello,

I applied for early release of my super today (I am currently receiveing Job Keeper as a sole trader, no employees). About an hour later I recieved an email from the ATO - 

Your Personal Superannuation Contribution deduction for 2019

Our records show you claimed a deduction in your 2019 tax return for personal payments you made to your superannuation fund.

To be eligible to claim a deduction for Personal Superannuation Contributions:

you must have given your super fund a valid 'Notice of Intent' to claim a deduction, and
your super fund must have provided you an acknowledgment of your 'Notice of Intent'

Your super fund has not reported your acknowledged 'Notice of Intent'.

What you need to know

If you don't have an acknowledged 'Notice of Intent', contact your super fund before 30 June 2020 and lodge a 'Notice of Intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions' form (NAT 71121)

This form is available from our website at ato.gov.au/noticeofintent

Your super fund may have their own form which you can use.

After 30 June 2020, your super fund may not be able to provide this to you, removing your entitlement to this deduction.

What happens next

Once you lodge your 'Notice of Intent' and receive your acknowledgment, your super fund will report this to the ATO, usually within 10 business days.

We use this information to confirm your eligibility to claim a Personal Superannuation Contributions.

We will match the amount reported by your super fund to the amount you claimed as a deduction. If we detect differences, we may remove or adjust your deduction in your 2019 tax return.

If you have recently contacted your super fund and received an acknowledgement letter from your super fund, please disregard this notice.

Is this related to my application for early release today of my super or something else?

Thank you

Mel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MelCOll80,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The letter is not related to you requesting Early access to your Super. This letter is in the event you were wanting to claim a deduction for personal super contributions you have made in the last financial year.

You can view the information via the link.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jodie2. 

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MelCOll80,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The letter is not related to you requesting Early access to your Super. This letter is in the event you were wanting to claim a deduction for personal super contributions you have made in the last financial year.

You can view the information via the link.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jodie2.