ATO Community

Eligibility for jobkeeper

Views 552

Replies 2

hi,
I got my PR in May 2020. Am i eligible for jobkeeper payment under jobkeeper phase 2.0?
I was working for ubereats until april 2020 on Abn and doing ride share driving after april and now registered for GST as well. I lodged BAS for april to june quarter. Previously, i lodged my tax returns as an employee working on TFN for last 4 years.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Zeeshbabar

Information about the government's proposed JobKeeper extension can be found on the Treasury website.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Zeeshbabar

Information about the government's proposed JobKeeper extension can be found on the Treasury website.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Zeeshbabar

Unfortunately, it looks that you may be ineligible under your circumstances for Jobkeeper 2.0, as a sole trader. The reason being is that under one of the criteria to be an eligible business participant (see Sole Traders), you need to be (quote),

"an Australian resident (under section 7 of the Social Security Act 1991), or a resident for income tax purposes and the holder of a Special Category (Subclass 444) visa" (italics added). You can find more information about residency (which are quoted from Section 7 of the Act mentioned above) at Services Australia - residence rules.

If you got your PR in May, then that missed the cut-off date of 1 March 2020. If you are still working as an employee, you may consider Jobkeeper - information for employees, and applying through your employer.