Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Eligible option for early release super

Highlighted

Views 131

Replies 2

I’d like to apply early release super. I was with working holiday before and then I decided to study here. I’m holding student visa now but hasn’t held for over 12 months. In this situation, which option should I tick? Thanks for your time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Kelsyfan 

To apply for early release as a temporary resident, you must satisfy one or more of the following requirements:

• You hold a student visa that you have held for 12 months or more and you are unable to meet immediate living expenses.
  • You are a temporary skilled work visa holder and still employed but unable to meet immediate living expenses.
  • You are a temporary resident visa holder (excluding student or skilled worker visas) and you cannot meet immediate living expenses.

If you don't meet any of these requirements, you won't be eligible.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Kelsyfan 

To apply for early release as a temporary resident, you must satisfy one or more of the following requirements:

• You hold a student visa that you have held for 12 months or more and you are unable to meet immediate living expenses.
  • You are a temporary skilled work visa holder and still employed but unable to meet immediate living expenses.
  • You are a temporary resident visa holder (excluding student or skilled worker visas) and you cannot meet immediate living expenses.

If you don't meet any of these requirements, you won't be eligible.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thank you for your help : )