Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: Eligible with the jobkeeper and got terminated after

Highlighted

Views 163

Replies 1

I am currently on a job keeper payment, suddenly my employer terminated my position/ stood me down last week and the reason is the shop is closing down. Am I still be able to get the job keeper? Is the employer have the right to stop my job keeper payment? Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 0

Good morning jd10 

Empathetic with your situation and that of your employer with their business closing down. 

If your position has been terminated, you are no longer an eligible employee for the JobKeeper scheme and will not receive future payments. Your employer may also no longer be an eligible employer if the business has permanently closed. 

If you have been temporarily stood down, you may still no longer receive future payments. Your employer can choose to opt-out of the scheme. 

I suggest that you explore JobSeeker and other benefits administered through Services Australia. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 0

Good morning jd10 

Empathetic with your situation and that of your employer with their business closing down. 

If your position has been terminated, you are no longer an eligible employee for the JobKeeper scheme and will not receive future payments. Your employer may also no longer be an eligible employer if the business has permanently closed. 

If you have been temporarily stood down, you may still no longer receive future payments. Your employer can choose to opt-out of the scheme. 

I suggest that you explore JobSeeker and other benefits administered through Services Australia.