Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Employee initiated termination part way through Jobkeeper fortnight

Views 293

Replies 1

I recently terminated my employment having been on Jobkeeper since September. I terminated employment due to personal reasons after working the first day of the Jobkeeper fortnight this week (fortnight beginning 18/01/21). I assumed I would still be paid the full $650 (tier 2) since I worked at least one day in the Jobkeeper fortnight but my employer has only paid me for the one day I have worked. Does this mean they are still claiming for me but is keeping the excess for the rest of the fortnight? Or is it possible that they decided to not claim Jobkeeper for me for this fortnight? Is it possible to stop claiming Jobkeeper for an employee within four days of their termination? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @cheesybbqburger

You should be paid for the full fortnight in which your last day of work with your employer was. We recommend you speak with your employer to determine what has occurred. Once you have spoken to your employer, if unable to resolve the issue we recommend you have a read of our information on keeping the JobKeeper payment fair.

All the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @cheesybbqburger

You should be paid for the full fortnight in which your last day of work with your employer was. We recommend you speak with your employer to determine what has occurred. Once you have spoken to your employer, if unable to resolve the issue we recommend you have a read of our information on keeping the JobKeeper payment fair.

All the best!