Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Employee will not resign.

I'm new

Views 337

Replies 1

I have a casual employee who has moved interstate & will no longer be picking up shifts for us however refused to submit a resignation. I have heard on the grapevine this is because if still employed they are eligible for the Job Keeper payment which they are relying on until they can find a new job in their new state. Where do we stand on this? Can we get in trouble for allowing this to continue? I have bene told we cannot force this person to resign so I am unsure what we can do to ensure we are not in breach of any rules.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @SkyeStarkey 

Employees not wanting to work but claiming Jobkeeper would be a matter for Fair Work Australia.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @SkyeStarkey 

Employees not wanting to work but claiming Jobkeeper would be a matter for Fair Work Australia.

All the best.