Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Employee - withdrawing Jobkeeper application

Initiate

Views 2495

Replies 7

I had a verbal agreement with my employer that the full $1500 Jobkeeper would be passed onto me. I filled in the employee form in good faith, but since receiving my latest pay slip realise that my employer has reneged on that agreement (although he has done nothing illegal). Am I able to withdraw my approval for him to receive my Jobkeeper payments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 6

Your employer won't be eligible to receive the payments if they haven't paid you. To claim payments for April, they need to pay you the minimum of $1500 per fortnight before tax by the end of April. 

They don't have to identify which employees they are nominating until 4 May so if they haven't paid you by end of April, they might have chosen not to participate at all. Best to check in with them. 

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Employers/Paying-your-eligible-employees/

7 REPLIES 7

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 6

Your employer won't be eligible to receive the payments if they haven't paid you. To claim payments for April, they need to pay you the minimum of $1500 per fortnight before tax by the end of April. 

They don't have to identify which employees they are nominating until 4 May so if they haven't paid you by end of April, they might have chosen not to participate at all. Best to check in with them. 

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Employers/Paying-your-eligible-employees/

Initiate

Replies 5

Thanks for responding, but that does not answer my question. My question is "do I have the option of withdrawing my employee approval for my employer to receive the payment?". In essence, I do not want my employer getting the payment if he is not going to pass it onto me as we agreed. He has reneged on his promise regarding how the payment was to be distributed, and I want to know what my barganing position is - I would like to be able to say - "if you do not honour our agreement I will have the payment stopped so that neither of us get it". Am I able to do that?

Devotee

Replies 4

If your employer doesn't pay you, they won't receive the subsidy. Paying you is part of the eligibility criteria they have to meet as an employer. 

Initiate

Replies 3

Just to clarify, I earn well in excess of $1500 per fortnight (commission only, no retainer). When the scheme was announced, he said, "I am going to apply for the JobKeeper program. I will pay you the $1500 on top of your commission". I therefore signed the employee form. I have now seen that he is not passing on the $1500 but is keeping it for himself. As I earn more than $1500 per fortnight he has not broken any rules, the government will keep paying it to him, but I am not benefitting. So I want to be able to say "ïf you do not pass some of it onto me, I will withdraw my consent for you to receive it on my behalf". Am I able to do this?

Initiate

Replies 2

Just checking whether there is an answer to my question above. Thanks.

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @NH11,

The employer is required to report to us eligible employees in their ongoing report. This includes adding individuals or removing individuals for the JobKeeper payment. In the event he is not paying you correctly you no longer wish to receive Jobkeeper you would need to request that he remove you when reporting for JobKeeper fortnightly.

If you wanted to report him for receiving payments fraudulently, you can do this via our tip off form located on our website. You may also wish to speak with Fairwork

Hope this helps,

Regards,

JodieR.  

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Jodie,

thank you very much for taking the time to reply. You have answered my question. Basically if I have a dispute with my employer, I must request of them that they remove me from the JobKeeper list - I have no facility to remove myself. Clearly all power resides with the employer - but I guess that is what the payment is designed to do, support businesses, not necessarily protect employees.

I do appreciate your response. It was very clear.

Thanks.