Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Employer making me quit other employment to stay on Jobkeeper

I'm new

Views 490

Replies 1

Before Covid-19 i had 2 employers (1x part-time and 1x permanent part-time). At my part time position I had 3 set days and my permanent position worked around three days. I have applied for the Job Keeper payment (from the permanent job) and have been receiving it. However, my employer has since said that they will be reopening for 3 days a week, 2 of those are days I don’t normally work. Therefore, they have said I will need to quit my other job to remain on job keeper so I can work all 3 days.

Is this correct? As my part-time job is aligned and contributes with my university studies. This position is also under contract with the Government so by quitting I’d be breaking that contract.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ChelseaH173 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community, sorry to hear about your current situation, i understand this must be a difficult time for you.

Our JobKeeper Knowledge Based Article provides additional information relating to the JobKeeper payment.

Questions about employee’s employment conditions during JobKeeper including leave, duties or working hours will be answered by Fair Work. See their website for the most up to date information and JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

Thanks, I hope this helps you.

SarahB1

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ChelseaH173 

Thanks for reaching out to ATO Community, sorry to hear about your current situation, i understand this must be a difficult time for you.

Our JobKeeper Knowledge Based Article provides additional information relating to the JobKeeper payment.

Questions about employee’s employment conditions during JobKeeper including leave, duties or working hours will be answered by Fair Work. See their website for the most up to date information and JobKeeper changes to the Fair Work Act.

Thanks, I hope this helps you.

SarahB1