Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Employer registered for Jobseeker but not approved yet

I'm new

Views 748

Replies 1

Just reading the latest information on your website & am concerned about a few things..

1. I consider I am an Eligible Employer by what I have read.  When will I know if you agree with me?
2.  I consider 3 of my staff 'qualify' for the payments but when will this be confirmed?

3.  2 of my staff normally do not earn $750 a week as 1 is only 18 years old & is part time and the other is usually only employed about 25 hours a week.  My 3rd employee is full time on a permanent visa as her husband is an Australian citizen.  She is waiting for her citizenship interview to be booked. She earns in excess of $750 week as she is salaried.

4.  You are now asking us to pay all these 'eligible' employees $1500 per fortnight BEFORE the end of April even though none of my application has been approved?  What happens if I am not approved as an employer or they are not approved as employees? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Suemac

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

If you have determined that you meet the eligible employer requirements and your employees meet the eligible employee requirements as outlined on our website, you will be able to claim the JobKeeper Payments for them. For more information about the JobKeeper Payment, refer to our website.

You don't have to wait for our approval to enrol. Enrolments opened on 20 April. Our website provides more information about how to enrol for the JobKeeper payment that you can check out. We also suggest that you have a look at the JobKeeper guides. Simply select the one that applies to your situation.

You must pay the minimum $1,500 (before tax) to each eligible employee per fortnight to claim the JobKeeper payment for that fortnight. For more information about paying your eligible employees, go to our website.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Suemac

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

If you have determined that you meet the eligible employer requirements and your employees meet the eligible employee requirements as outlined on our website, you will be able to claim the JobKeeper Payments for them. For more information about the JobKeeper Payment, refer to our website.

You don't have to wait for our approval to enrol. Enrolments opened on 20 April. Our website provides more information about how to enrol for the JobKeeper payment that you can check out. We also suggest that you have a look at the JobKeeper guides. Simply select the one that applies to your situation.

You must pay the minimum $1,500 (before tax) to each eligible employee per fortnight to claim the JobKeeper payment for that fortnight. For more information about paying your eligible employees, go to our website.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, ChrisR