Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Extension of the JobKeeper Payment - Application for New Business

I'm new

Views 325

Replies 1

Hi,

I just applied for JobKeeper payments starting from September under the new scheme, I had ABN for several years but have only actively started working since February 2020 for more than 80 hours per month. I was just told by my employer that my contract will be suspended until further notice, therefore starting from September my income will drop by  more than 50% eventually reaching 0% in October if nothing changes. I meet all the criteria as specified in the JobKeeper application the only unclear part is that I am not GST registered as my income is less than 75k per year and last year I didn't provide notice to the Commissioner as my income was less than 18k. I have also tried to do the alternative test but the link to it doesn't work. So I am just wondering if I will need to provide any further documentation to support my claim. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @naab,

You can access the alternative test via this link. If you meet the criteria for the alternative test you can follow up next steps to take.

There is also information on our website you can review - If you are not registered for GST.   

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @naab,

You can access the alternative test via this link. If you meet the criteria for the alternative test you can follow up next steps to take.

There is also information on our website you can review - If you are not registered for GST.   

Hope this helps.