Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Extension of the JobKeeper payment

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @NHFA 

We don't have that information yet but we will provide details when they are available.

Ari

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Ari,

Do we have any additional information on the alternative tests for JK 2.0?

Thank you.

Hayden.

Replies 0

Can you please outline whether employees will still be able to request employers who are nominated on JobKeeper 2.0 to use their Annual Leave Entitlements, with the exception of 2 weeks to pay employees that are stood down due to Coronavirus?  

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you for the infomation. Quick question? Can a business chose to use either the cash or accrual basis in calculating the change in actual turnover.

Replies 0

Will there be any consideration for people who remained employed to receive some form of tax cut to make up for the economic loss to this society? You can’t give money to people who aren’t earning it.....and then increase tax for the people who pay the majority of it? The approach is backwards as all you are doing is allowing people to get away with not having a job and not contributing to society....

Replies 0

Hello,

We have several casual employees who are newly eligble for JobKeeper (as per the 12 month employment test being extended to 1 July).

When we back pay these employees at 28 September for the JobKeeper entitlements accrued as of their 3 August eligibility, do we pay at the original JobKeeper rate of $1500 per fortnight, or do we back-pay according to the reduced rate to which the employees would be entitled from 28 Sept.

Thanks so much for clarifying.

Madeline 

Replies 1

Hi, just wondering if a question about alternate test can be answered here. Please direct me to the right post if necessary. Our business location was under renovation from 09.09.2019 to 21.11.2019. Our turnover for that quarter was significantly reduced. To be eligible for jobkeeper extension 1, we are required to compare Sep - Dec 2019 turnover with Sep - Dec 2020. Our business does not pass the 30% turnover reduction test. Given the above circumstance, would we be eligible for alternate test? If we are, could anyone please enlighten me with more details? Thanking you in advance.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Zoe2

Yes at the 1 July 2020 they must have been employed by the employer as either a:

• non-casual employee (whether full-time, part-time, or fixed-term)
  • long term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis during the 12 -month period that ended 1 July) who was not a permanent employee of any other employer at the time they provided you with an employee nomination notice

Hope this helps!

Replies 0

Thank you for that information.

We have a question regarding pay periods.

As we will not be eligible for the new criteria for the next round of job keeper, can you please tell us which will be our last fortnight that we can pay our staff job keeper?

Our payment fortnight runs from 21 September 2020 to 2 Oct 2020.

Will our organisation need to pay for Fortnight 14 of Job keeper, or is fortnight 13 our last?

Kind Regards,

Charene

Replies 0

My company has offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. They have applied for the second JobKeeper subsidy but have been denied. Profits have been sizable in our Sydney and Brisbane offices over recent months. Myself and my colleagues who work in the Melbourne office have been told that we are now all on leave without pay until we are able to legally open again. So although nationally our profit margin isn’t eligible, us staff in Melbourne (who’s branch has a 100% profit hit) now have to go without pay because we legally cannot work until the Vic govt allows our industry to reopen (media and film production). I would love some advice on whether this is legal or if there is an obligation of our company to either pay a subsidy of our normal wage or even apply for jobkeeper for our individual branch. If not, are we able to apply for job seeker? I’m not sure on this as we are all still technically employed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.