Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Family Partnership

Highlighted

Views 156

Replies 1

Hi,

I run a small business with my wife (Family Partnership). I am employed full time, my wife is not employed (surrently a student) we both work in our business.

When applying for the Job Keeper payment (registering as a small business) the criteria states 'you are not an employee (other than a casual employee) of another entity'. Obviously, I am employed so am not elegible to apply (it wont let me get past this as I have to answer no to the question).

Are we elegbile even though I am employed full time? and is it my wife that has to apply?

Regards,

BK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

If a business run by a partnership meets the fall in turnover and other criteria, only one eligible partner can receive Job Keeper in relation to the partnership.  You have to nominate which partner is to receive the payment.

As you have pointed out, your other employment makes you ineligible.  If your wife is eligible, you need to nominate you wife as the individual to receive the payments in respect of the partnership.  When the question about other employment comes up, it is you wife who answers that question.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

If a business run by a partnership meets the fall in turnover and other criteria, only one eligible partner can receive Job Keeper in relation to the partnership.  You have to nominate which partner is to receive the payment.

As you have pointed out, your other employment makes you ineligible.  If your wife is eligible, you need to nominate you wife as the individual to receive the payments in respect of the partnership.  When the question about other employment comes up, it is you wife who answers that question.