Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Final Pay

Views 820

Replies 4

I've given the necessary notice to my employer with my last day being in September.

I've been stood down receiving monthly jobkeeper

In September I've received my final pay, which my employer has calculated to be the ammount of my leave I was expecting one last Job Keeper payment with leave paid out as I haven't taken them. 

Can you give me some feedback on if the way the payment has been calculated is permitted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi

Annual Leave and Long Service leave payouts are part of Gross earnings, therefore if this comes to more than $1500 per fortnight (or 3250 in your case) then you have been paid correctly,       

You need to be paid minimum $1500 per fortnight,  and Annual Leave and Long Service leave can be part of the $1500thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi

Annual Leave and Long Service leave payouts are part of Gross earnings, therefore if this comes to more than $1500 per fortnight (or 3250 in your case) then you have been paid correctly,       

You need to be paid minimum $1500 per fortnight,  and Annual Leave and Long Service leave can be part of the $1500thanks

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Anderson1

You may want to look at Fair Work and see Ending employment and the JobKeeper scheme

Replies 1

Thanks!! Something I should mention, I gave notice for 30 Sept, and Jobkeeper ended 28 Sept (I’ve not been asked to sign an extension, not sure if this is required). Would appreciate any feedback if anyone is across what affect this has on final payment too.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Anderson1

You're not required to sign anything for the extension. Your employer needs to retest their eligibility though to see if they qualify. They also need to work out the payment rate for each employee. If they qualify they will need to report certain information to us in October.

Ari