Announcements
We’re aware you may be experiencing issues trying to access our online services. We’re investigating the issue as a priority and are sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience so far - we'll keep you posted!

ATO Community

Forced to take full time permanent position for job keeper

I'm new

Views 331

Replies 1

i was made redundant at my full time job, then rehired as casual to nominate me for job keeper, now employer is forcing me to take permanent full time position though i have other casual job as well, employer is saying that if i dont take full time permanent offer then will remove me from job keeper, i cant rely completely on this employer,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @hanon,

Sounds like a tricky situation to be in, so I appreciate you reaching out.

As an employee you have certain workplace rights and entitlements. I would suggest contacting the Fair Work Ombudsman as they have taken authority over dealing with JobKeeper related disputes between employees and employers. You will want to find out from Fair Work if your employer is allowed to force you to change work-types and they will be able to advise you on what to do next.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @hanon,

Sounds like a tricky situation to be in, so I appreciate you reaching out.

As an employee you have certain workplace rights and entitlements. I would suggest contacting the Fair Work Ombudsman as they have taken authority over dealing with JobKeeper related disputes between employees and employers. You will want to find out from Fair Work if your employer is allowed to force you to change work-types and they will be able to advise you on what to do next.

All the best.