Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Healthcare Students

Highlighted

Views 165

Replies 1

Hi, I have been working at my place of employment for the past 3 years as a casual worker, making me eligible for the job keeper allowance. I am also studying a bachelor of nursing. My workplace plans to reopen at the beginning of May and has requested me to work some shifts, due to being on my medical practicing placement, I will have to self isolate and not attend the shifts they have given me, for the safety of my colleagues and customers. Am I still eligible to claim the job keeper allowance? As I believe it would be inappropriate to work whilst fighting on the front line. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Master

Replies 0

Thank you for the important work you're doing rght now! According to Fairwork, employers can issue a 'JobKeeper enabling direction' to an eligible employee to perform any duties that are within their skill and competency so long as:

• the duties are safe (including having regard to the nature and spread of coronavirus)
  • the employee has any required licenses and/or qualifications to perform the duties
  • the duties are reasonably within the scope of the employer’s business operations.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Master

Replies 0

Thank you for the important work you're doing rght now! According to Fairwork, employers can issue a 'JobKeeper enabling direction' to an eligible employee to perform any duties that are within their skill and competency so long as:

• the duties are safe (including having regard to the nature and spread of coronavirus)
  • the employee has any required licenses and/or qualifications to perform the duties
  • the duties are reasonably within the scope of the employer’s business operations.