Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Holiday jobkeeper casual

Views 1236

Replies 1

I'm a long term casual and My employer wants to add me to jobkeeper, I already notified him that during this time I will be needing a two or three weeks off, During the next six months due to personal reasons.

for example: Such as one week off in July, another in August, etc.

I am paid fortnightly, if I join jobkeeper how will a week off work affect my payments?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shanos86,

Thanks for reaching out.

As you had been employed by you employer for over 12months and you have agreed leave returning on an agreed date, you are considered to be still eligible for JobKeeper for that period based on an agreement of ongoing work.

If you are on paid or unpaid leave (such as annual leave) your employer is still required to pay you a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight before tax.

The JobKeeper payment is a wage subsidy for your employer so if your employer is paying you an annual leave payment, the $1,500 will subsidise part or all of this amount – it’s not an additional amount.

I hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Shanos86,

Thanks for reaching out.

As you had been employed by you employer for over 12months and you have agreed leave returning on an agreed date, you are considered to be still eligible for JobKeeper for that period based on an agreement of ongoing work.

If you are on paid or unpaid leave (such as annual leave) your employer is still required to pay you a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight before tax.

The JobKeeper payment is a wage subsidy for your employer so if your employer is paying you an annual leave payment, the $1,500 will subsidise part or all of this amount – it’s not an additional amount.

I hope this helps.