Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: How can I find out whether or not my employer is receiving JobKeeper payments for me.

Views 464

Replies 1

How can I find out whether or not my employer has received and is continung to receive JobKeeper payments for me ?

I am a hairdresser and am my employer's only employee.  I was stood down in early April due to COVID-19.  I completed a JobKeeper Employee Nomination form in mid April and returned it to my employer.  In April I received 4 weekly pays with the first two payslips stating I had been paid using Annual Leave (which I did not get asked about or agree to) and the second two payslips stating I was being paid using JobKeeper.  I would like to find out if my employer received JobKeeper payments for me for all 4 pay weeks in April, as if he did, I don't think he should have taken two weeks of my Annual Leave ?

Also, my employer stopped paying me in May and says he is no longer receiving JobKeeper payments from the ATO (he won't explain why).  Can I find out if he did receive any JobKeeper payments for me in May, and if he is still receiving them ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @Employee1

You will need to speak to your employer to see whether or not they are still receiving Job Keeper payments.

Fair Work Australia has information regarding using annual leave under the Job Keeper Scheme. Your employer can request and eligible employee to take 'two weeks' annual leave (as long as they keep a balance of at least two weeks).

If you believe and are concerned that your employer is doing the wrong thing in relation to Job Keeper payment, you can tell us about it by completing our 'tip off' form on our website.

Hope that this is helpful!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @Employee1

You will need to speak to your employer to see whether or not they are still receiving Job Keeper payments.

Fair Work Australia has information regarding using annual leave under the Job Keeper Scheme. Your employer can request and eligible employee to take 'two weeks' annual leave (as long as they keep a balance of at least two weeks).

If you believe and are concerned that your employer is doing the wrong thing in relation to Job Keeper payment, you can tell us about it by completing our 'tip off' form on our website.

Hope that this is helpful!