Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

How do I get Job Keeper Payment?

I'm new

Views 567

Replies 1

I am a Australian permanent resident and a part-time employee who have worked with the current employer for 2 years. I have been stood down during March and April and I only had a couple of days working during the last two weeks.
I heard that the employee need to get at least $1500 a fortnight paid by the employer by 30/4 in order to get the Job Keeper. However, my employer is still not getting the approval for Job Keeper yet so I did not receive any payment from them during March and April.
The employer also said that once they are eligible for the Job Keeper they will nominate the eligible employees to receive the payment.
My first question is that do I need to have payments of $1500/fortnight during March and April to get Job Keeper even when my employer don’t know if they are going to be eligible for Job Keeper or not? Or once the employer is eligible they are going to pay me $1500/fortnight?
The second question is that once the employer is eligible do they have the right to choose which employee to nominate for the Job Keeper? Do they have the right not to nominate an eligible employee?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The ATO do not assess businesses JobKeeper applications. They are assumed to be eligible if they have lodged (i.e. it is the businesses responsibility to assess it themselves correctly).

Your employer needs to either:

- See their accountant to get clarification (leaving it late now)

- Stump up the cash to you and "take the punt"

- Withdraw from JobKeeper

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The ATO do not assess businesses JobKeeper applications. They are assumed to be eligible if they have lodged (i.e. it is the businesses responsibility to assess it themselves correctly).

Your employer needs to either:

- See their accountant to get clarification (leaving it late now)

- Stump up the cash to you and "take the punt"

- Withdraw from JobKeeper