Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

I changed jobs and cities due to COVID, can I still claim early release of super?

Views 250

Replies 2

I changed jobs and cities due to COVID, it has caused an unexpected financial impact on me and may continue for a while, can I still claim early release of super? I'm not receiving any benefits at the moment but I'm starting to delay credit card payments which may not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @rowan11,

Sorry to hear that your recent job change and move have had a financial impact on you.  Unfortunately even though that has happened, you don’t meet the COVID-19 early release of super eligibility criteria which would require you to be either unemployed, have been made redundant, or to have had your working hours reduced by 20% or more.

However, there are other more general reasons you might be able to apply for  early access to your super  (if you don’t meet the COVID -19 criteria) that includes on compassionate, financial and medical grounds that you might want to consider.

AlBar

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @rowan11,

Sorry to hear that your recent job change and move have had a financial impact on you.  Unfortunately even though that has happened, you don’t meet the COVID-19 early release of super eligibility criteria which would require you to be either unemployed, have been made redundant, or to have had your working hours reduced by 20% or more.

However, there are other more general reasons you might be able to apply for  early access to your super  (if you don’t meet the COVID -19 criteria) that includes on compassionate, financial and medical grounds that you might want to consider.

AlBar

Highlighted

Replies 0

I wasn't made redundant, but there was a hiring freeze so they couldn't renew my full-time contract otherwise I could have stayed in the job and the city which could have saved me thousands.