Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: I have just found out that my company has been deregistered will I lose jobkeeper?

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 132

Replies 4

My company has bee deregistered and I was not aware.

Jobkeeper was linked to it and now I cant get onto the business portal.

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 3

If deregistered, you definitely cannot get JobKeeper.

You would have to apply to ASIC to get it re-registered, or the courts (depending on why it was deregistered)

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 3

If deregistered, you definitely cannot get JobKeeper.

You would have to apply to ASIC to get it re-registered, or the courts (depending on why it was deregistered)

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

I think it's because I missed the renewal payment. I'm hoping I can just pay it and have it reactivated. Thoughts.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JoshBack

As @MCA_Accountants advised: an application for reinstatement needs to satisfy ASIC that the company should not have been deregistered, otherwise an application to a court will need to be made.

A guide with instructions on how to apply is on the asic.gov.au website. Go to the find a regulatory document page and search for: RG 83 Reinstatement of Companies.

Under s601AH(5), if a company is reinstated, it is taken to have continued in existence as if it had not been deregistered.

I hope this assists you.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks for the support.

i completed the request to reinstate and it has been approved and I am literally back in business.

The ATO acted swiftly to ensure it was done in time to report for the job keeper payment for the month so I am truely grateful.