Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: I have just found out that my company has been deregistered will I lose jobkeeper?

Initiate

Views 958

Replies 5

My company has bee deregistered and I was not aware.

Jobkeeper was linked to it and now I cant get onto the business portal.

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 4

If deregistered, you definitely cannot get JobKeeper.

You would have to apply to ASIC to get it re-registered, or the courts (depending on why it was deregistered)

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 4

If deregistered, you definitely cannot get JobKeeper.

You would have to apply to ASIC to get it re-registered, or the courts (depending on why it was deregistered)

Initiate

Replies 3

I think it's because I missed the renewal payment. I'm hoping I can just pay it and have it reactivated. Thoughts.

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @JoshBack

As @MCA_Accountants advised: an application for reinstatement needs to satisfy ASIC that the company should not have been deregistered, otherwise an application to a court will need to be made.

A guide with instructions on how to apply is on the asic.gov.au website. Go to the find a regulatory document page and search for: RG 83 Reinstatement of Companies.

Under s601AH(5), if a company is reinstated, it is taken to have continued in existence as if it had not been deregistered.

I hope this assists you.

Initiate

Replies 1

Thanks for the support.

i completed the request to reinstate and it has been approved and I am literally back in business.

The ATO acted swiftly to ensure it was done in time to report for the job keeper payment for the month so I am truely grateful.

Replies 0

Hello JoshBack

For the reinstate of your company did you attach any support documents in the application when you lodged the form  581?

Really appreciated it if you can answer this