Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

I'm on Jobkeeper with my casual employer, but I've just started a new job working full time

I'm new

Views 446

Replies 3

My question is am I still eligible for JobKeeper now? I am now claiming the tax free threshold for both my casual job and my new full-time job. I informed my casual employer of this but they didn't have any answers for me. I'm not quitting my casual job, but will only work weekends when we reopen. 

I assume my casual job will keep paying me JobKeeper until I stop claiming the threshold, but if I don't do that will there be penalties such as owing tax next financial year? How should I go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Jobkeeper has nothing to do with the tax free threshold - you should only claim tax free threshold from 1 employer to avoid a tax bill ( there are however no penalties). You will remain eligible for Jobkeeper from your casual employer while you remain employed regardless of your additional full time job.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Jobkeeper has nothing to do with the tax free threshold - you should only claim tax free threshold from 1 employer to avoid a tax bill ( there are however no penalties). You will remain eligible for Jobkeeper from your casual employer while you remain employed regardless of your additional full time job.

I'm new

Replies 1

So technically I can still claim JobKeeper on top of my full-time pay? That's my main question. 

Devotee

Replies 0

Yes