ATO Community

I need to know if my work is getting jobkeeper for me

I'm new

Views 609

Replies 4

Hi ,im wondering if the company i work for is claiming jobkeeper
Am I eligible to receive this payment ,I am full time been employed for 6 yrs some people have jobkeeper on their payslip others don't
Im very confused
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you earn $1500 less tax per fortnight, you will not see any difference to your pay whether or not they are claiming JK for you

The ATO will not tell an employee if an employer is claiming JK because they say it breaches the employer's privacy
4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you earn $1500 less tax per fortnight, you will not see any difference to your pay whether or not they are claiming JK for you

The ATO will not tell an employee if an employer is claiming JK because they say it breaches the employer's privacy

Devotee

Replies 0

Only your employer would be in a position to confirm to you if they are receiving JobKeeper or not.

If some employees are seeing JobKeeper on their payslips, then it is highly likely that your employer is receiving JobKeeper.

It may be showing differently for some employees depending on their employment status (I.e. Full time, part time, casual etc) and how much they are getting paid each week or fortnight (depending on your pay cycle).

An employer must pay all eligible employees atleast $1500 gross per fortnight in order to be eligible to receive JobKeeper payments for them. It may be that those who would normally receive less than $1500 a fortnight are seeing this on their payslips so that they know why they are receiving a higher than normal pay.

Those who receive more than $1500 gross per fortnight would not notice any difference. Basically the federal government is paying the first $1500 of their wages each fornptnight, which is being paid directly to the employer to help in assist them keeping those individuals employed.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Good evening @Dawns1,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we are not able to see whether your employer is receiving JobKeeper payment, you will have to contact you employer to ask them.

In the event they are receiving JobKeeper they are required to nominate all eligible employees. You would need to determine if you are eligible to receive JobKeeper. Please look through the eligibility criteria, as more then just the length of your employment is considered for these nominations.

I hope this helps,

JacquelineATO

Replies 0

If your employer is claiming JobKeeper for you, they would have needed you to sign a declaration when they first enrolled in the program. As others have said, if your income was over $1,500 a fortnight, you wouldn't notice a difference whether they are claiming JobKeeper for you or not. The only people with JobKeeper amounts listed on their payslips are those who would otherwise have received less than $1,500 a fortnight. If you earn less than this and are not getting this top-up and haven't signed a declaration, but think you meet the eligibilty criteria (ie >12 months employment, not claiming JobKeeper through another employer etc..) then perhaps check with your employer.