Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

I’ve been made redundant. Can I claim Jobkeeper on a different employer?

I'm new

Views 562

Replies 1

Hi Team,

When Jobkeeper was first introduced, I was employed by two companies. I was also eligible for Jobkeeper through both companies. I was stood down by my full-time position first, then stood down by my casual position for a month only. I claimed Jobkeeper through my full-time position of course as this was the requirement, knowing this industry (if any) was most likely to close down from the repercussions of COVID-19. My full-time company has finally concluded it will close the company entirely and has made all its employees redundant. As this was my full-time position where I was receiving Jobkeeper, I will now be losing my main source of income as this was the employer I was required to nominate for this subsidy. Although I have been working for this second employer on a systematic basis, I receive very little shifts and even more so especially during COVID-19 as I am a casual not included in this wage subsidy within the company.

My question is, as I will no longer be employed by another company with a full-time position and now only involved with one casual employer, will I be eligible to receive Jobkeeper payments from them now?

Kind regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If made redundant before 1 July, then possibly. If after, then no.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If made redundant before 1 July, then possibly. If after, then no.