Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

I was fired while on jobkeeper, now they are saying they are not required to pay me full amount

Initiate

Views 237

Replies 1

Hello again,

I posted a question here last week advising that I was fired from my position while the employer has been claiming JobKeeper for my role. The advice I received said that if i had worked for part of the pay period/fortnight I am entitled to the full amount for the fortnight.

Last Friday (which was the end of the first week of the pay period) they paid me only for the hours worked (and even then paid 30minutes less than I worked) and have since stated that they stopped claiming JobKeeper for me and therefore are only required to pay me as they have.  I was not informed that they had made this decision before hand and was notified that they were terminating my role via voicemail on Wednesday last week after I had called in sick with a migraine.

Are they able to do this or are they required to claim this last fortnight JobKeeper payment for me and forward the payment to me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

The employer cannot claim the JobKeeper payment on behalf of you if they have not paid you at least $1,500 (before tax) during each JobKeeper payment period. Please contact the Fair Work Ombudsman for any workplace rights and unfair dismissal.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

The employer cannot claim the JobKeeper payment on behalf of you if they have not paid you at least $1,500 (before tax) during each JobKeeper payment period. Please contact the Fair Work Ombudsman for any workplace rights and unfair dismissal.

All the best.