Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

I wish to finalising my lodging my Job Keeper application - However

Highlighted

Views 187

Replies 3

I have all documented evidence showing that my June 2019 financials verified that years turnover was not representative of our usual turnover as it was our lowest results in the past 19 years. Hence to compare this year 2020 against last years 2019 for the 30% decline will not work and hence my question is do I finalise the application and await or can I upload the evidence letter/information with my application. Bearing in mind the 31st May 2020 is the deadline. I have phoned the ATO Jobkeeper helpline and they are unsure but felt that I should upload the application as there may be an area to upload my evidence.

Does the application form allow supporting evidence to be uploaded at the time of lodgement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 0

Thanks for the update @Muzzo  - I hope it works out for you (and soon)!

@Muzzo wrote:

Thank you, Katie and further investigation of this matter via my accountant has resulted in the ATO asking for copies of evidence etc

so they can review. I lodged my question on the weekend and spoke to my accountant today and he has moved things along.

Fully understand there is still a lot of confusion happening with the Job Keeper system and its about tackling each issue as they arise,

and sharing the outcomes via this site. Thank you once again for your efforts.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Dynamo

Replies 2

I didn't see any place to upload evidence (I also don't know of any exception that says if last year was a bad year you don't have to meet the 30% downturn rule). 

Anyway, why not go through the online application (don't submit it, but insert all the information) and see for yourself if you see any place to include evidence? That might be the only way to work out whether you can or not

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thank you, Katie and further investigation of this matter via my accountant has resulted in the ATO asking for copies of evidence etc

so they can review. I lodged my question on the weekend and spoke to my accountant today and he has moved things along.

Fully understand there is still a lot of confusion happening with the Job Keeper system and its about tackling each issue as they arise,

Highlighted

Best answer

Dynamo

Replies 0

Thanks for the update @Muzzo  - I hope it works out for you (and soon)!

@Muzzo wrote: