Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Is voluntary annual leave on Jobkeeper paid at the full rate?

Views 641

Replies 1

I am voluntarily taking annual leave on Jobkeeper as a full time permanent employee. This was not requested by my employer, nor does it have anything to do with reducing costs on the employer. I want to know if I am eligible to be paid my full rate, or my rate with the Jobkeeper subsidy. I have found the below statement from a different company unrelated to the ATO, however I wanted to know if this is confirmed.

"Can an employee take annual leave whilst receiving the JobKeeper Payment?
Yes. Under the FW Act, an employee is entitled to make a request to their employer to take annual leave during a stand down and the employer cannot unreasonably refuse. This process has not changed with the introduction of the JobKeeper scheme.

If an eligible employee takes annual leave when they are receiving the JobKeeper payment, it would come from their annual leave entitlement as normal and the organisation will continue to receive the JobKeeper payments for that employee.

The JobKeeper Payment rules continue to apply so the employee must be paid at least the $1,500 JobKeeper Payment, or the actual wages they are entitled to for that fortnight, whichever is greater.

Superannuation continues to be paid for any annual leave payments."

Thankyou so much for the help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @mikasa_fables,

Thank you for your question.

In regards to your pay entitlements during annual leave, you will need to direct that question to Fair Work.

However I can confirm that if you and your employer are eligible for the JobKeeper payment, then your employer can use it to subsidise your pay along with any top up payment required. The information you have linked above also contains accurate information.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @mikasa_fables,

Thank you for your question.

In regards to your pay entitlements during annual leave, you will need to direct that question to Fair Work.

However I can confirm that if you and your employer are eligible for the JobKeeper payment, then your employer can use it to subsidise your pay along with any top up payment required. The information you have linked above also contains accurate information.