Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

JK eligibility- 2 jobs - 1 perm 1 casual

Views 444

Replies 3

Employee has 2 jobs:

Job 1 (Casual): Employee meets eligibility on the basis of the 1 July reference date (i.e. were a long term casual at 1 July)

Job 2 (Permanent): Either:

1. Employer IS eligible, however employee does not meet eligibility criteria at this job based on either the 1 March OR 1 July reference dates (because, for example, they were hired after 1 July), OR:
  2. The employer is not eligible to participate.

While an employee with 2 employers is expected to nominate with the employer who engages them on a PERMANENT basis, should they nominate their casual employer where either parties’ ineligibility means they cannot do so with reference to their permanent job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Hi @lyndsay_5 ,

I think I understand your question and the following link advises to choose the permanent employer – you cannot be nominated by your casual employer.

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/#Employeeswithmultiple...

Employees with multiple employers

If you have multiple employers, only one employer can claim the JobKeeper payment on your behalf. Your employers may ask you to tell them if you agree to be nominated as an eligible employee of theirs to receive the JobKeeper payment.

If you are employed by more than one employer, you should contact your employers and tell them which employer you want to receive the JobKeeper payment from.

If you are a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you must choose your permanent employer – you cannot be nominated by your casual employer.

Hope this helps and stay healthy

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

Hi @lyndsay_5 ,

I think I understand your question and the following link advises to choose the permanent employer – you cannot be nominated by your casual employer.

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/#Employeeswithmultiple...

Employees with multiple employers

If you have multiple employers, only one employer can claim the JobKeeper payment on your behalf. Your employers may ask you to tell them if you agree to be nominated as an eligible employee of theirs to receive the JobKeeper payment.

If you are employed by more than one employer, you should contact your employers and tell them which employer you want to receive the JobKeeper payment from.

If you are a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you must choose your permanent employer – you cannot be nominated by your casual employer.

Hope this helps and stay healthy

Replies 1

But is this still the case IF either the employer at the permaenent job OR the employee DO NOT meet Jobkeeper eligibility with reference to that permanent job?

If so, an employee with 2 jobs who would have otherwise been eligible if they were permitted to nominate the employer at their casual job could not nominate EITHER employer...

Devotee

Replies 0

If employed elsewhere in a permanent capacity, you cannot choose the casual job. Qualification for JobKeeper with that employer is irrelevant.