Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

JOB Keeper top up

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 249

Replies 1

Hi 

I'm a permanant part time employer with a not for profit organisation. I'm also employeed by another organisation in the same industry(casula)for the day's I'm not working with my permanenet employer. As per the ATO's instructions I applied for job keeper through my permanent employer. I have received $1098.54 in my salaray sheet and it says 'JOB KEEPER TOP UP'. apart from my pay that I recieve. 

What's this top up?

Shouldn't I receive full $1500

Would the ATO be claiming a part of this later in the year or at the end of the financial year. 

Or do they claim the full amount on a later day. 

What happen's after 6 months or I find full time employment

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Thimani 

The JobKeeper payment is $1500 per fortnight before tax, so your employer still needs to take tax out of it. If you're unsure that it is the correct amount, you should check with your employer first.

If you change employment down the track, you will need to check whether you still qualify as an eligible employee - ie were employed with them on 1 March or had casual employment with them for more than 12 months.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Thimani 

The JobKeeper payment is $1500 per fortnight before tax, so your employer still needs to take tax out of it. If you're unsure that it is the correct amount, you should check with your employer first.

If you change employment down the track, you will need to check whether you still qualify as an eligible employee - ie were employed with them on 1 March or had casual employment with them for more than 12 months.

Hope that helps

thanks

LizdeK