ATO Community

Job Keeper 2.0 Business Eligibility between quarters

Views 400

Replies 3

Can a business be eligible for Job keeper in the Sept qtr, not meet the 30% drop for the Dec qtr (so not claim) and then qualify again in the Jan to March 2021 qtr? The company in question has a job on from a quote 12 months ago, but has done any quotes for months - so no new work on the horizon for the Jan to March qtr.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Master

Replies 0

You can be eligible for the second extension even if you don't meet the turnover test for the first extension

3 REPLIES 3

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @RosieB

To claim JobKeeper payments, an entity must satisfy certain eligibility requirements. Your entity is eligible if:

On March 1 2020, it carried on a business in Australia,

it satisfies the relevant decline in turnover tests

It satisfied certain conditions at 12 March 2020 being,

it had an ABN on 12 March 2020 and it had lodged, on or before 12 March at least the 2019 financial year income tax return, or

an activity statement or GST return for any tax period that started after 1 July 2018 and ended before 12 March 2020.

There has been some additional information released about the JobKeeper extension as this has now passed legislation.

Replies 1

I am still not sure of the answer to my query and I don't find the specific senario in any of the info. 

So I think the business would again be eligable for the March qtr. 

Does the business deregister after Sept, then re register in March Qtr, or can they prepare a NIL declaration for Oct, Nov and Dec?

Most helpful response

Master

Replies 0

You can be eligible for the second extension even if you don't meet the turnover test for the first extension