ATO Community

Job Keeper 2 and Maternity Leave

I'm new

Views 288

Replies 1

Hi there,

My employee finished her 18 week Govt paid maternity leave and went straight onto Job Keeper in March / April.  For Job Keeper 2, we are asked to calculate the number of hours worked in the 4 week period prior to 1st March to determine if the employee is entiteld to the full payment of part payment.  As my employee was on paid gov maternity leave, I'm not quite sure how to work that out.  Prior to maternity leave, she was initially doing 20 hours part time per week and reducing these hours down to 13 per week as she approached her leave.  The maternity leave pay is 38 hours per week.  Can someone please assist with this, many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ccc1756

We have just updated our website with information regarding the 80-hour threshold for employees. We recommend you have a read of this information and the examples. There are different options for the 28-day reference period use either:

• the pre-March period which is the 28 days which finish on the last day of the last pay cycle that ended before 1 March 2020, or
  • the pre-July period which is the 28 days which finish on the last day of the last pay cycle that ended before 1 July 2020.

From the information you have provided the employee has not met the 80-hour threshold meaning they would be in tier 2.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ccc1756

We have just updated our website with information regarding the 80-hour threshold for employees. We recommend you have a read of this information and the examples. There are different options for the 28-day reference period use either:

• the pre-March period which is the 28 days which finish on the last day of the last pay cycle that ended before 1 March 2020, or
  • the pre-July period which is the 28 days which finish on the last day of the last pay cycle that ended before 1 July 2020.

From the information you have provided the employee has not met the 80-hour threshold meaning they would be in tier 2.

Hope this helps!