Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Job Keeper Eligibility - 2nd Job Opportunity

Views 386

Replies 1

Hi there community,

I am a sole trader (freelance journalist/copywriter) eligible and receiving Jobkeeper currently. However, I have recently started a new full time job to help me out financially until things (hopefully) go back to normal, as I have lost pretty much 95% of business since March. From what I have read on the eligibility requirements, my understanding is that having a permanent job in addition to my sole trader business, would have initially made me ineligible to receive Jobkeeper when originally applying in April.

However, I have also read that once enrolled into Jobkeeper, that it is OK to take up secondary employment (permanent full time, part time or casual) and it will not cause interruptions to my Jobkeeper payments. Would this be correct?

Essentially, I want to know that I’m still eligible to receive Jobkeeper payments even though I now have a second, full-time job. I am actively working on my sole trader business at night times and weekends, trying to source work.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You are still eligible

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You are still eligible