Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Job Keeper Eligibility

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 154

Replies 1

Hi, 

Since Jan 2018 I have been working with an employer, on a casual basis. On March 24, 2020, I commenced a part-time role (2 days) with another employer, but I didn't leave my casual position. My casual employer has just sent me a job keeper nomination form, however, I am very confused with my eligibility for this. Some resources I read say that because I wasn't employed in a part-time position on March 1, 2020, I am eligible for the job-keeper payment from my casual employer. However, the wording on the actual ATO form is confusing me as it says: 

"As at 1 March 2020, you were a permanent or fixed term employee, or a casual employee employed on a regular and systematic basis during the period of 12 months ending on 1 March 2020.

If you are a casual employee as mentioned above, you are not employed by any other employer on a permanent or fixed term basis, or you are only employed by any other employer on a casual basis."

I satisfy the first condition, I was a casual employee as of 1 March 2020 (and still am), but the wording of the second condition confuses me. Yes, I am employed by another employer on a part-time basis, but that employment commenced on 24 March 2020, after the 1 March deadline that forms most of the conditions for job keeper.

I don't want to do anything wrong, can you please confirm if I am eligible for the payment and if I can go ahead and complete the nomination form.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rukmani 

We have answered a similar question previously about employees with multiple jobs.

Thanks, Ari

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rukmani 

We have answered a similar question previously about employees with multiple jobs.

Thanks, Ari