Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Job Keeper Eligibility

I'm new

Views 364

Replies 1

Hi, 

Since Jan 2018 I have been working with an employer, on a casual basis. On March 24, 2020, I commenced a part-time role (2 days) with another employer, but I didn't leave my casual position. My casual employer has just sent me a job keeper nomination form, however, I am very confused with my eligibility for this. Some resources I read say that because I wasn't employed in a part-time position on March 1, 2020, I am eligible for the job-keeper payment from my casual employer. However, the wording on the actual ATO form is confusing me as it says: 

"As at 1 March 2020, you were a permanent or fixed term employee, or a casual employee employed on a regular and systematic basis during the period of 12 months ending on 1 March 2020.

If you are a casual employee as mentioned above, you are not employed by any other employer on a permanent or fixed term basis, or you are only employed by any other employer on a casual basis."

I satisfy the first condition, I was a casual employee as of 1 March 2020 (and still am), but the wording of the second condition confuses me. Yes, I am employed by another employer on a part-time basis, but that employment commenced on 24 March 2020, after the 1 March deadline that forms most of the conditions for job keeper.

I don't want to do anything wrong, can you please confirm if I am eligible for the payment and if I can go ahead and complete the nomination form.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rukmani 

We have answered a similar question previously about employees with multiple jobs.

Thanks, Ari

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rukmani 

We have answered a similar question previously about employees with multiple jobs.

Thanks, Ari