Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Job Keeper Paying Your Eligible Employees 2nd June Update

Views 805

Replies 5

The 2nd June update on the ATO website for the Job Keeper Paying your eligible employees page, has increased  the guidelines to what is now not an eligible employment payment for Job Keeper. There is no clarification if this change is for payments going forward from the 2nd June or impacts payments retrospectively as well. Can I please receive clarification as to what period these changes impact?  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Unless ATO have specifically said that employment termination payments are no longer included then I would assume that they were never included, even if they weren't mentioned specifically on the website. 

5 REPLIES 5

Devotee

Replies 3

@PetaMaree do you mean this page - payment types? Which one are you concerned about?

Replies 2

Yes @etchasketch , prior to the 2nd June update employment termination payments (taxable components) & lump sum A, B and E were included. My concern is that payments were made in April which at the time were eligible (Employee resigned) and Job Keeper was claimed for April period only. 

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Unless ATO have specifically said that employment termination payments are no longer included then I would assume that they were never included, even if they weren't mentioned specifically on the website. 

Replies 0

@etchasketch 

Depending on the payment type they were mentioned on the website as being included. Hence, my query regarding the June update being effective as of when?

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @PetaMaree

Thanks for your patience in waiting on us to get back to you. I am assuming you are referring here to our heading Paying your eligible employees Payment types. I do notice that our webpage was modified on 02 June 2020 however I am not aware that definition changed.

Generally though I would understand whatever the JobKeeper definition is as found on our website would apply. However if you need to clarify this further on account of how your payments were made and what you understood was their previously you may like to contact Early engagement for assistance. Fair work may be able to help also as to the expectations for employees entitlements on termination under JobKeeper.

Thanks

MarkATO