Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Job Keeper Payment Eligibility Casual / unpaid maternity leave

Views 695

Replies 2

Can anyone please help me clarify my eligibility. I started work with my employer in July 2017 worked for them on a casual basis up until I went on unpaid maternity leave in January 2019. I returned to work in January 2020 again on a casual basis. My hours have started drop dramatically because of the virus. Does this mean I'm eligible as I've been a long time casual employee and also on unpaid maternity leave within the time frame and reduced hours. Can anyone shine some light on my situation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Because you were still employed by them, just on mat leave it sounds like you are eligible as a long term casual. You might want to contact Fair work if you;re unsure

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Because you were still employed by them, just on mat leave it sounds like you are eligible as a long term casual. You might want to contact Fair work if you;re unsure

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @AMCooper

Thanks for reaching out to us.

@Biggiesmalls is correct. You may also want to have a look at our website for information about who is considered a long-term casual employee. It is ultimately up to your employer to decide.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, ChrisR