Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Job Keeper Payment for Small Business

Views 785

Replies 2

I am an employee and my workplace is a small business which has stood down half of its 8 employees due to the impact of Covid-19.  Employees were stood down on the 8th of April 2020 but my workplace had said they can not claim for the Job Keeper payment for the month of April because they can not prove a 30% fall in turnover for that month. Due to this the employees have had no income since they were stood down on the 8th of April. Is it possible to stand down half your workforce and not be eligible for the Job Keeper payment for a particular period? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 1

Hi

The amendments to the Fair Work Act enabling businesses to give stand down orders only apply to businesses that are eligible for JobKeeper. This is not to say that there is something in your particular contract or scenario that means your employer is within their rights to do so. But more information is available here:

https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/flexibility-in-workpla...

Hope this helps

D

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Dynamo

Replies 1

Hi

The amendments to the Fair Work Act enabling businesses to give stand down orders only apply to businesses that are eligible for JobKeeper. This is not to say that there is something in your particular contract or scenario that means your employer is within their rights to do so. But more information is available here:

https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/flexibility-in-workpla...

Hope this helps

D

Replies 0

Thanks