Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Job Keeper Seasonal Staff

Views 1346

Replies 3

Hi there, my employer and I have received different information from the ATO and we're hoping for further clarification.

My employer has approximately 20 employees that are currently eligible and I am one another 30 that we're uncertain of. We have seasonal work ongoing yearly. I work for 7-9 months ( September to May) on a casual basis before the season completely finishes for the winter. I have worked 3 seasons with my employer and of the understanding this would be considered systematic work.

Although, my employer has been told that if a casual employee has had a break of more than two months,similar to what a full time employee would recieve as leave, they aren't considered eligible. My employer told me I had been away for 3.5 months. 
Our employer is happy to sign me up for JobKeeper but they are nervous about fronting the funds for staff that may or may not be considered eligible due to the conflicting information received by the ATO over the phone. 
So, would a casual employee working within a seasonal industry be considered eligible if they work multiple seasons (3+ years) for approx 7-9 months per season?
Also, if the ATO decided I was not eligible in future, but I recieved the payments, when would we be required to pay them back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @LauraJeffrey 

Thanks for your patience.

We have answered this question on another thread, check it out here.

KylieS

3 REPLIES 3

Community Moderator

Replies 1

Hi @LauraJeffrey ,

We will do some research on this one and get back to you.

KylieS

I'm new

Replies 0

Any update on this KylieS ?

I have workers that do not work 4 months of the year - but have been with my company for 3 years in a row.  Is there any "seasonal worker" clarification ??

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @LauraJeffrey 

Thanks for your patience.

We have answered this question on another thread, check it out here.

KylieS