Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper - Single Employer - Not for Profit - AUSTUDY

Initiate

Views 842

Replies 2

Hi there,

Firstly, thank you for this space and the oppoertunity to inquire, as this process seems a little complicated.

I am hoping to do a little fact finding before I make inquiries with my employer.

I am employed in the Community Sector as a casual employee for a Not for Profit Organisation. I commenced employment on 013 May 2019. In 3 weeks and 2 days, I will have completed 12 months in my current role with the same organisation.

I am also a mature aged university student recieving AUSTUDY.

Will I be eligible to recieve JOBKEEPER, even though I am currently in receipt of AUSTUDY?

Your expert advice will be much appreciated.

T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 1

Hi @Thomas2020 

Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately, to be eligible for the JobKeeper payment as a long-term casual employee you must have been employed on a regular and systematic bases for at least 12 months. There's more informatiom about eligible employees on our website.

If you aren’t eligible to be paid JobKeeper payments by your employer, you may be able to apply for support through Services AustraliaExternal Link depending on your personal circumstances.

We've updated our website with infomration on how the JobKeeper payment affects income support payments. As these payments are considered income for tax purpsoes it's best to speak with Services Australia to understand if there's any implications to income support payments as it can depend on your personal circusmtances.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 1

Hi @Thomas2020 

Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately, to be eligible for the JobKeeper payment as a long-term casual employee you must have been employed on a regular and systematic bases for at least 12 months. There's more informatiom about eligible employees on our website.

If you aren’t eligible to be paid JobKeeper payments by your employer, you may be able to apply for support through Services AustraliaExternal Link depending on your personal circumstances.

We've updated our website with infomration on how the JobKeeper payment affects income support payments. As these payments are considered income for tax purpsoes it's best to speak with Services Australia to understand if there's any implications to income support payments as it can depend on your personal circusmtances.

Initiate

Replies 0

B.

Thank you, I'll follow the links you've highlited and explore my options.

Thank you for taking the time to respond...much appreciated, and it's quite settling to have someone assist and point the way...

Thank you,

T.