Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Job Keeper Sole Trader Tax Return 12 March Cut Off Exclusion

Initiate

Replies 2

Hi @MariR 

Thank you for the information. 

I am a sole trader, not registered for GST and I am yet to lodge my 18/19 return through my tax agent (lodgement due date May 15).  

As such, I beleive I fall  under "the discretion to give further time" catergory and am eligible for job seeker. 

When I log onto my gov > ATO Portal to complete the form to enrol for job seeker, do I answer yes to the final question? 

If you could please clarify here or the correct way to move forward that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you and take care. 

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Well I think MariR  has clearly expliend everything. As per my understanding if you have lodge your tax statement by your account with the due date of  May 15th,  they may consider extending time.

I'm new

Replies 0

I am just wondering if anyone can reccomend a tax agent that they are using that hasn't put through their tax yet? I missed the date by a day because it didn't clear but hoping they can help me out.

Thank you.

Initiate

Replies 1

Thanks to MariR I have now successfully enrolled as I assume that I meet the limited requirements for extension as I lodge my tax return through a registered tax agent and have an extension till 25th of May. I just ticked yes to all the requirements

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hello Tiff,

where does it show the extention date of 25th May. Is it in Mygov or somewhere else?

Thank you.

Initiate

Replies 0

Hello @MariR 

Are you able to give any clarity as to whether sole traders who have lodged their 2018/2019 ITR after 12 March not through a tax agent will be eligible for the JobKeeper

Thanks 

Replies 3

Thanks Mari,

As I fall under the exclusions you listed (I am a sole trader who has not lodged before March 20 as I have until May 15), how do I proceed with my application?

Liz

Enthusiast

Replies 2

Hello Liz,

Would you please tell me where is written you have time till 15th May?

Is it in myGOV or somewhere else. thanks

Replies 1

Hi Designer,

If you lodge your tax with a registered accountant, you generally have until May 15th. In Mari's reply above, this would exclude me from the March 20 cut off.

Liz 

Enthusiast

Replies 0

hello Liz,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. My situation is the same and I just have one question.

I have to pay my Tax for the year 2018-2019 and it is showing that the amount is overdue from 21st November 2019.

So if the dead line to submit the tax by my accountant is 15th of May 2020 then how it is possible to see the payable tax amount is due from 21st November 2019 ?

is it the same for you?

I appreciate in advance.